Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Citrus Cleaning Spray

I have seen multiple posts on Pinterest lately for making homemade citrus cleaner.  This makes sense since all citrus fruits are in season right now (and oh so delicious tasting because of it).  I just happened to get 4 oranges and 10 tangelos in my Bountiful Basket a couple of weekends ago, so decided to make some of my own citrus cleaning spray.

Here is what you'll need:
  • Large glass jar with lid
  • 4-6 orange peels (can use tangelo, clementine, grapefruit, lemon, lime, etc.)
  • Vinegar
  • Dish Soap
  • Spray bottle
Put your citrus peels in the glass jar.


Fill your jar with vinegar.  Let this sit for approximately 10 days. 


Strain out the citrus peels from the vinegar.


Mix the citrus vinegar 1:1 with water and add 1-2 drops dish soap.


And there you have it.  Homemade citrus cleaning spray.  

I really like this stuff. :)  It does a great job as an all purpose cleaner, cuts grease, cleans glass, and leaves my granite counter tops nice and shiny.  And it doesn't overwhelm you with the scent of vinegar.  Don't get me wrong, it still smells like there is vinegar in the spray, but it isn't nearly as strong as straight vinegar and water and the scent seems to dissipate more quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment